Friday 12 April 2013

Remembering The Boo

Today for the first time I did the whole walk along the canal and around the lake with tramp. This is the walk I did for many years with The Boo and the memories came flooding back, watching her swim for sticks and seeing her with as many as five in her mouth at once. Watching her take a flying leap off the bridge side (at least 4 ft) to retrieve her ball or dive for the pears we used to throw in from the old pear tree, she would often go right under and come up with them. Stopped at all the places around the lake where she used to swim trying to encourage Tramp in but I guess it a bit to cold at the moment.
It's taken me a week to pluck up the courage to take tramp on that walk but now I'm glad I have. I enjoyed all the memories and the new experiences with Tramp and he loved the run and chasing all the rabbits, he has no chance of catching them, even for a lurcher, they're to experienced ( a lot of dog) and just disappear into the brambles where he has already learned not to venture.
Tramp hasn't got the idea yet that when the tides out there's thick mud and has twice now tried to chase the birds on it only to end up knee deep and totally bemused. He certainly doesn't like the aftermath when he gets a hose down.
After 14 years together I shall never forget My Lovely Boo but its time to move on and share the new times with the Tramp.

No comments:

Post a Comment